3 FIRST: Customers First ● Quality First ● Service First
Today Union was established since 1972. Our company's philosophy is "customer first, service first" and provide the best products and the best service to our clients. And because of our customers’s long-term support, we can grow stable and constantly.
- In 1973, we started to collaborate with Japan SHINKO ( the manufacturing division of electric forklifts) through the technical joint-venture by manufacturing the electric forklifts at our factory in Taiwan. The electric forklift was ranging from 0.9T upto 3.5T. And we had to terminate the mutual relationship in March 2002.(Because Japan.SHINKO sold to NACCO, Yale and Sumitomo.)
- In 1975, we also started work with Nacco Yale ( the manufacturer of Diesel/Gas/LPG forklifts) through the technical joint-venture by manufacturing and supplying the engined forklifts at our factory in Taiwan. The I.C. forklift was ranging from 1.0T upto 16T. And we had to terminate the mutual relationship in March 2002.
- In 1978, we started again to work with Japan YUASA battery through the technical joint-venture by assembling the raction battery sets at our factory in Taiwan until June 2003 when Yuasa was purchased in by GS. Currently we work with U.K. manufacturer to supply the required traction batteries under our own brand/logo - " S K B ".
- Over the past 30 years, we worked only with the said three principals - i.e., SHINKO, Yale, and Yuasa for the OEM production and sales in Taiwan. Also we had a lot of feedback made to the overseas principals by supplying the completed products under OEM contracts. The said OEM contracts would not allow our exports to any other country.
- Since March 2002 when SHINKO forklift was purchased jointly by Nacco and Sumitomo Yale, Sumitomo Yale continues to supply the markets with their own forklifts but labeling with SHINKO logo. And a part of the senior engineers of the former Shinko started to transfer to Japan Sinkobe Co., Ltd. which was established in Tokyo since 1982 and started to continue the production of Shinko products.
- Since the recent 15 years, almost all the top manufacturers of forklifts in the world started to go down to China for the production at a lower cost level. And the same thing happened to Japanese manufacturers e.g., Toyota, Komatsu, TCM, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Nychiyu, etc. who set up their factories in China for the production of parts which are been shipped back to the original factories in Japan for the assembly/completion of forklifts in Japan in order to secure a lower cost. Naturally we -Sinkobe lost the competivity too. And we started to transfer our production from Japan to Taiwan in June 2004. Also we shifted our Asia Sales Head Quarter over to Taipei, Taiwan, whilst the R&D and Materials Procuring divisions still remained in Japan office.
- Our factory is Taiwan has over 40 years of experience in manufacturing the forklifts. At the moment we are still producing the Sinkobe Series Forklifts which will be deemed as the original products by Japan Sinkobe co., Ltd. in Japan labeled with the logo of " SINKOBE " as registered originally in Japan. And all the assembly jobs are completed in Taiwan
- Our company follows CE standard and government’s safety regulation to be our quality assurance, and to standardized our operations